ICCA of the Year
International Certified Crop Adviser of the Year Award
The International Certified Crop Adviser of the Year Award is designed to annually recognize a certified crop adviser who delivers exceptional customer service, is highly innovative, has shown that they are a leader in their field, and has contributed substantially to the exchange of ideas and the transfer of agronomic knowledge within the agriculture industry. The award recipient will be recognized at both the Commodity Classic and the American Society of Agronomy Annual Meeting. The award consists of hotel and travel expenses to the Commodity Classic Meeting and ASA Annual Meeting, $2,000 honorarium, a commemorative plaque, and a one-year membership in the American Society of Agronomy. The ICCA of the Year Award celebrates a level of proficiency that belongs to an individual and not to a company.
The ICCA Executive Committee will screen all applicants and select the recipient.
Nominations Opened: Aug 1, 2017 - 8:00 AM CDT
Nominations initiated by: Dec 4, 2017 - 4:00 PM CST
2 Reference Letters and Final Nomination submission by: Dec 4, 2017 - 4:00 PM CST
- Nominations for the ICCA of the Year Award should be made by local CCA Boards and their agents.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominator for this award.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Former recipients of the ICCA of the Year Award are not eligible.
- A candidate for the ICCA of the Year Award must hold a current CCA certification.
- Nominees will be evaluated solely on the basis of the information provided in the nomination.
- Members of this ASA Awards Committee, the ASA Board of Directors, and also the CSSA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Provide the name of the employer or state "self-employed"
- Years of Crop Advising Experience
Provide the number of years of crop advising experience.
- Crop Advising Work
Describe the scale and scope of crop advising work being done (i.e. type of clientele, acres responsible, particular areas of focus of specialty. 20 Points (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
- Skills or Initiatives
What skills or initiatives has the nominee displayed in their crop advising career that sets them apart from their colleagues. 40 points (Character Limit, including spaces: 6000)
- CCA Program Involvement
List CCA program involvement, i.e. serving on committees or Board, organizing CCA events, promoting continuing education, promoting own designation or company involvement, etc. 25 points (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
- Other Volunteer Service
Describe other volunteer service within and outside the agriculture industry. 15 points (Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)